Dysmenorrhoea is big burden for the women and girls who are suffering from it. Every month repeatedly a cramp rings the bell on the calendar. Some worldwide data shows that 90% of the adolescent girls experience this painful condition worldwide. When a girl starts her 1st Menstrual cycle of life with sever cramp then just imagine what will be her mental condition when she will look on the next month’s calendar? Such condition is also mentioned in thousands years back as “KASTARTAV” in Ayurveda. There are so many medicines in the bucket of Ayurveda, which are mention and practiced by Ancient Indian Physicians.
Dysmenorrhoea or painful menstruation condition where women or girls used to suffer from abdominal cramps during the time of menstrual cycle. There are two types of Dysmenorrhoea.
- Primary Dysmenorrhoea.
- Secondary Dysmenorrhoea.
Primary Dysmenorrhoea is a condition where the girls experiences the cramps in the early stages of their menarche and suffers for few months. Usually there is no underlying abnormality in the organs. Prostaglandin hormone plays a big role in such cases.
Secondary Dysmenorrhoea is a condition that develops later in women who have had normal periods and is often related to problems in the uterus or other pelvic organs. There are few diseases, which plays as an underlying cause for such cases.
Causes of Secondary Dysmenorrhea,
- Intra uterine Fibroids.
- Uses of prolong Intra Uterine Contraceptive Device like Copper T.
- Premenstrual Syndrome
(It is a condition where bleeding starts with in middle of the cycle generally after passing 14 days or more. Worldwide three women out of four suffer during the age of 20 years to 40 years. Whereas the causes are still not clear to medical science but Social, Cultural, Biological, Psychological factors are somehow related. Premenstrual Syndrome sometimes gets very bad way as the women reaches nearer to her menopause)
- Infections from bacteria, fungi or other parasites and which is often associated with UTI (urinary Tract Infection).
- Poor immunity and ill health is a major cause where the women suffer from lack of nutrition and less haemoglobin percentage.
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID) is an infectious condition where women’s pelvic organs (including uterus, fallopian tube, ovaries, cervix). Such infection used to spread because of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia, Gonorrhoea etc. Whereas sexually active women with multiple sex partners having the great risk of developing sexually transmitted disease.
- Stress and anxiety along with other social problems.
Things we should remember.
It is very common and 50% of women or girls suffer from it and worldwide 15% of that suffered women reports severe abdominal cramps. The primary dysmenorrhoea usually disappears but during that time use of some antispasmodic medicines, uterine tonics and an Iron folic acid combination needed. However, secondary dysmenorrhoea needs proper guidance and medication. If you saw or experience the following condition then you must do to doctor as soon as possible.
- Pain in Lower Abdomen with mild to moderate fever, which is an indicator of any sever infection inside.
- Long standing White discharge with severe pain during periods.
- Foul smelling from vagina or any abnormal discharge per vagina.
- Bleeding more than an week with sever to moderate pain in lower abdomen.
- Blood Routine Examination
- Urine Routine Examination.
- USG Whole Abdomen (KUB).
- CT Scan of Abdomen.
- Analysis of Vaginal Fluid (including culture and sensitivity).
- Blood Sugar Estimation.
Things to Do At Home:
- Plenty amount fluid orally.
- Light and nutritious meal.
- Circular massage with palm in the lower abdomen.
- Sea fish is a good source of Omega 3 and that good for cramps.
- Green and fresh vegetables and fruits are good as they are the rich sources of minerals.
- Stress is a common cause so a peaceful condition is very necessary.
- The herb fennel having some carminative effect and plays a good role in Cramps.
- Turmeric raw juice is found good effect in cramps.
- Proper diet in time'.
- Hygienic sanitary pads should be used during the days of cycles.
- Rajapavartinai vati.
- Navayas louha.
- Rajadoshahari Vati.
- Soubhayagayadhi Vati.
- Tab. M2 Tone forte
- Syp. M2tone forte.
- Syp. Evecare
- Syp. Amycordial.
- Syp. Cycloset.
- Cap. Himcospaz (Himalaya) is very good as Spasmodic pain reliever.
(In case of severe infection there is a need of some Antibiotics if requires)
With the uses of Ayurvedic medicines shows good results in the clinical trials. This are a kind of medicines which having very less side effects. However, in case of severe illness with infection needs some antibiotics and parental fluids. Over all Ayurvedic, medicines are better than synthetic drugs.