Leucorrhoea (Sweta Pradar): Causes, Symptoms, Investigations, Home Remedies, Herbal Remedies
This topic is all about girls and women. Girls often discovers some white patches in their inner wears, they also feel some whitish discharge coming out from vagina. However, it is a matter of concern but they often used to hide this point from her mother or family members or even to doctors. Sometimes such discharges associated with very odd smelling, which makes them feeling very anxious while coming in front of others. Such women or girls suffer from Leucorrhoea.
Leucorrhoea or so-called white discharge is a major problem worldwide. Girls used to suffer from it from their childhood to late sixties. In India, particularly due to lack of sex education and proper guidance the treatment always starts lately and in most of the cases after marriage. In my practice, I got numerous cases where guardians are not aware of their girl child’s health. It is very unfortunate for us that we cannot help those girls where as we have many good medicines in our Indian classics from more than 2000 years back.
Such a problem always keeps the girls in anxiety. In most of the cases girls or women associated with this disorder also represents with irregular bleeding& mild to severe colic pain during periods. Indian Ancient Acharyas also mentioned this disease as Sweta Pradar in Ayurvedic classics.
Leucorrhoea is a condition where the patient suffers from whitish discharge from vagina. It may be watery or semi liquid or sticky white. When it is yellowish or foul, smelling then there must be some pathological defects.
This whitish discharge is nothing but the mucous shedding from the mucosal layer of the uterus and other genital components. However, it is normal body defense mechanism to maintain the pH of Vagina.
When You Need Medical Assistance?
There are two types of Leucorrhoea
- Physiological Leucorrhoea (needs no medical assistance)
- Pathological Leucorrhoea (needs medical assistance)
Here Physiological Leucorrhoea is a condition where it happens normally due some hormonal and excitements and in such condition U does not need any medication.
- Due to maternal estrogen, some whitish discharge can be seen in new-born babies due to high-level estrogen exposer during intra-uterine days.
- At the time of ovulation and in early pregnancy, some white discharge can have noticed which is normally occurs in all most all women but it must be white and odorless.
- During sexual excitement, almost all women can see some whitish discharge around the vagina or the base of the penis of her male partner and this normal condition and does not require any medical help.
- With the progress of Pregnancy some women often suffer with odorless thin, milky white discharge but it reduces with time. This is caused by increased blood flow to the vagina due to increased estrogen.
- School going girls during early puberty sometimes develops some whitish discharge, which is odorless, and use to reduce gradually after few months and this due to hormonal changes. If it persists for longer period then medical, assistance needed.
- Again, Pathological leucorrhoea is a condition here the underlying causes are severing and the prevailing disease shows it is symptoms in form of Leucorrhoea. The discharge varies from slimy to thick bloody discharge with foul odor. The most common causes are described her.
- Any underlying disease or the female reproductive tract such as infection of genital tract. The female genitals are highly prone to infections because they are moist and covered at most times. Moreover, women do tend to sweat a lot in that area, which increases the chances of infections and inflammation.
- Due to poor hygiene, most of the women and girls suffers from Girls in the villages or small towns are not aware about the uses of sanitary pads, (which are hugely available in medical and grocery shops) but they used to go for cloths during their menstrual periods. This type of habits pushes the genital areas in big risks.
- Pelvic inflammatory diseases (PID) is an infectious condition where women’s pelvic organs (including uterus, fallopian tube, ovaries, cervix). Such infection used to spread because of sexually transmitted diseases like Chlamydia, Gonorrhea etc. Whereas sexually active women with multiple sex partner having the great risk of developing sexually transmitted disease.
- Infections from bacteria, fungi or other parasites and which is often associated with UTI (urinary Tract Infection).
- Poor immunity and ill health is a major cause where the women suffer from lack of nutrition and less hemoglobin percentage.
- Intrauterine Devices like copper T often causes irritation in some women and results white discharges. (in such condition if patients don’t have any previous complain of leucorrhoea then she must go to health intuition for removal or replacement of that device).
- During delivery, sometimes some injuries may occur in the birth tract which may not be properly healed and that can be a home for the infection causing germs. Such cases you need medical assistance.
- One thing to remember when there are any discharge smells bad and color changes or lasts for a long period then u should must consult to doctor immediately.
- Man, and women all uses different types of mechanical contraceptives such as condom (male & female type) may cause some irritation which results leucorrhoea.
- Use of sexual orgasm booster gel or ointments.
- Estrogen increase in level is always a vital factor
- Blood Routine Examination
- Urine Routine Examination
- USG Whole Abdomen (with special focus on reproductive organs)
- CT Scan of Abdomen.
- Analysis of Vaginal Fluid (including culture and sensitivity).
- Blood Sugar Estimation.
- Root Juice of Adhatoda Vasica or Vasak with honey is very useful for Leucorrhoea.
- Methi (Fenugreek) seeds are very useful in leucorrhoea. After overnight soaking, it should take in the morning.
- Bark of Ber tree is very much useful for washing after making decoction.
- Wash with the decoction made from the bark of banyan tree is very useful.
- Decoction or Overnight Soaked Coriander(dhania) seeds orally in the morning.
- Woodfordia (Dhataki) flower powder with honey or rice water.
- Amlaki (Indian gooseberry) is very useful when taken with mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) dry powder.
- Decoction of Aam (Mango) bark is very useful for local application. Ripen mango is also used locally for few minutes around the vagina then a wash needed with luke warm water.
- Pushyanagh Churna. 1 tsf twice with rice water or q.s honey.
- Pradarantak Louha. 2tab twice daily.
- Patrangashava. 4 tsf twice after food with half glass water.
- Lodharasav. 4 tsf twice after food with half glass water.
- Chandraphava Vati. 2 tablet twice daily.
- Asokarista. 4 tsf twice after food with half glass water.
- Pradarari Louha. 2 tab twice daily.
- Suparipak. 1 tsf twice daily.
- Dashmoolarista. 4 tsf twice after food with half glass water.
- Tab. Femiplex. 2 tab twice daily.
- Tab. M2Tone. 2 tab twice daily.
- Tab. Lukol. 2 tab twice daily.
- Tab. Femiforte. 2 tab twice daily.
- Syp Shee. 2 tsf twice daily.
- Syp M2 Tone. 2 tsf twice daily.
- Syp. Her 2 tsf twice daily.
- Syp. Evecare. 2 tsf twice daily.
- Syp. Amycordial. 2tsf twice daily.
- Tab. Septilin 2 tab twice daily.
- Tab. Prataplankeswer Rasa 2 tab twice daily.
(In case of severe infection there is a need of some Antibiotics if advised by your physician.)
It is very unfortunate for us that though we are living at the peak of the civilization but our mothers, sisters are suffering from such disease just because of lack of knowledge very poor sharing with health personals. It takes some times to subside but it somehow is curable. In modern medicine, also few medicines and treatment policies are there but simply saying Ayurvedic management of Leucorrhoea is best of all and having very less side effects. One more thing all should remember that there is always a tendency of reoccurrence.