Pashanabheda Plant (Patharchat / Bergenia ciliata): Local Names, Chemical Compositions, Interesting Facts, Used Parts, Ayurvedic Formulations, Medicinal Uses & Side Effects,
Pashanabheda (Bergenia ciliate/ ligulata) is a marvelous creation of God that helps us in curing many diseases. In Ayurveda, it is use as a litholytic agent for urinary calculi and other renal disorders. Nevertheless, it having many other magical effects in the body and most of them are not commonly known to us.
- Silphara, Patharcua,
- Bergenia ciliate/Bergenia ligulata
7 Facts About Bergenia ciliate:
- In Sanskrit Pashanabheda, means ‘Who Grows Up By Breaking Stones’ and interestingly it is also used in curing renal stones by breaking them.
- Bergenia ciliata is an evergreen plant. Throughout the year the plant remains green and shiny and ready for medicinal use for the whole year. But the concentration of alkaloids remains good in the month of winter.
- Basically Bergenia ciliate, is a native of central Asia. In India, it is mostly found in Himalayas and Khasia Hills of Meghalaya.
- The plant can survive in extreme conditions even in stones without any contact of soils.
- The Leaves can also produce new plants is come contact with any suitable climate.
- If you left a leaf of this plant in the middle of you text book for couple of weeks, then you can see few new generation of this plant starts to grown up even inside of your book.
- There are hundreds of preparations in the market for the renal stone but almost all preparation contains Bergenia ciliata.
Bergenia ciliata Medicinal Uses:
- It acts as a very good diuretic. It can be used for many diseases like cardiac asthma, renal failure etc.
- Breaks and re-breaks the kidney stones and that is it is the drug of choice for most of the Ayurvedic Doctors.
- It works as very liver protective agent and commonly found in many herbal liver supportive.
- It is widely used for the treatment of Obesity. It reduces the subcutaneous fats.
- It is beneficial in Jaundice or Hepatitis. In classical or Homely ntreatment, it is use widely.
- It acts as a very good anti-oxidant and often found in many herbal or semi herbal compositions of many drugs.
- It has anti-aging ability and that can help us in keeping our selves fresh and energetic.
- It is good for general diseases of genital area and often use in homely medications.
- It acts as very good renal tissue protective agent.
- It is useful as an antidote in opium poisoning.
- It helps in breakdown of renal stones and it is the specialist for this purpose.
- It is helpful in hydronephrosis and keeps the kidneys safe.
- It is helpful in UTI and that is why it is commonly found in most of the herbal preparations dedicated to UTI.
- It is expectorant and used as home remedy.
- It is antipyretic and used for the home remedy of simple uncomplicated fever cases.
- It is anti-haemorrhoidal and thus helps in preventing the complications of piles.
- It is helpful in chronic renal diseases.
- It works as antimicrobial agent.
- It helps in controlling of diarrhea,
- It helps in controlling of dysentery,
- It helps in controlling of heart diseases, like cardiac asthma.
- It helps in controlling of splenic disorders.
- It helps in controlling diabetes and reduces the chances of diabetic renal diseases.
Pashanabheda as home remedy:
- Plain 10-15 ml raw juice of Pashanabheda is very beneficial in almost all kind renal calculi and UTI.
Pashanabheda Plant Containing Ayurvedic Medicines:
- Almost all medicine of renal calculi contains Pashanabheda like Tab. Cystone, Tab. Calcurry, Cap. Zotastone.
- Cap. Pashanabheda
Bergenia ciliata Side Effects:
- It is a safe herb.
- No side effects noted within recommend dosages.