Ayurveda or Allopath what will be better for me...?
With the flow of time the traditional healing systems are regaining their lost values. People of the developed countries are more focusing on traditional, non harmful, herbal, homely and natural treatments. The gifts of modern medicine to the humans are unimaginable but due to the risks of side effects of modern system of medicine people are running more for the alternative system of medicines. Ayurveda, the Indian system of medicine is one of those most trending choices. Ayurveda was originated in the Indian subcontinent and now serving the global community. Most of the time people got confused in diseased condition on choosing the right way of healing. Other than Ayurveda there are many other traditional methods and all those are found effective and reliable globally. Here we will discuss about the difference in terms of healing with Ayurveda and Modern System of Medicine.
- Ayurveda, the science of life is based on the philosophical background of the diseases but whereas modern science totally based on practical aspects of diseases. So many imaginary aspects described in Ayurveda, which can be compared but not visible in naked eyes. But modern science based on totally visible components. Though both are two different types of medicinal science, But whatever we are getting from them (Benefits) are also different and a a matter of deep discussion. Both cures the diseases in their way but during that process there are so many changes that happens in the body that can’t overlook.
- The basic concept in both regarding treatment is “Ayurveda treats the Khetra (Our Body) more than a disease but whereas modern science concern it is more dedicative towards the removal or correction of causes. Ayurveda believes in a state of health where the the occurrence of diseases is merely impossible. Ayurved deals more with the preventive aspects rather than curing it.
- Ayurveda treatment stands on the parameter by assessing the abnormality in Dosa (They are three in numbers and maintains good health, body activities), & Dhatu (They are seven in number and are basic body components like, fluid, bones, muscles etc.) are the main causes of diseases & their respective corrections can give you the solution. But in modern science treatment depends on the investigation, correction of causative factor and abnormalities in the organs.
- Again in Modern medicine we are using some synthetic or selective herbal extracts (Alkaloids) or mineral extract according to the need of diseases. From a plant, we are extracting the alkaloids necessary for the treatment purpose. But Ayurveda believes on Herbo-Mineral extracts from nature. We are using the whole plant without extracting any alkaloids. In Ayurveda, your healthy items Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner is also a considered as medicine as they are body supporting & helps in maintaining good health.
- For example when someone suffering from any infection or you can say suffering from any infective disease then in modern science we go for the removal of disease-causing organisms by killing them by different methods (Like use of Antibiotics or Anti-Microbial drugs). But we used o forgot that those chemicals, which are used for killing living organism can also hamper our living human body. That is why it is told that allopathic medicines having side effects.
- But in the same case the treatment procedure and the ultimate aim of treatment in terms of Ayurveda is somehow different. Ayurvedic Acharyas was always aware of our body immunity and self-defence. Here In the same case Ayurvedic medicines used to act on our immune system rather than killing the germs like antibiotics or antimicrobial drugs. Ayurveda believes in such a state of body’s defence where no infection can manifest disease.
- In Ayurveda and Modern science the use of pain killer is vast and profuse, whereas the NSIDS having faster in reducing pain than Ayurvedic pain killers but having plenty of adverse effect for our vital organs. But, on the other hand, all Ayurvedic pain killers are less toxic to other vital organs like, kidney, liver, heart, etc. but acts slowly. Though both irritates the gastric mucosa but here it is a matter of disease concerning patient, what which way to go.
- So naturally a question comes in mind that “Ayurvedic Drugs Having No Side Effects? ”. Practically speaking some Ayurvedic drugs also having side effects if not taken accordingly. The Newton's 3rd law of motion is also applicable in Ayurvedic drugs mode of action when drug doses are no maintained or drugs used without consulting any doctor.
- Again as the allopathic medicines are chemically made in labs so they have an expiry date, which means they have a lifetime in which period they can work accordingly for which they are made for. After passing that time means if you take the medicine after its expiry date then it can effect in your body adversely, which is riskier in terms comparison with intake of expired Ayurvedic medicine.
- Almost in the same way all the herbal preparation like, Vati, Chorna, Guggulu, Decoction, Tabs, having certain period in which their efficacy remains good and after that the efficacy used to decline with time. But as they are animal or plant origin the expiry medicines are not so much toxic as the allopathic medicines used to be after expiry. If the temper remain good then nothing to worry about but most of the cases Ayurvedic medicines used to get affected by fungi and intake of such medicines can cause GI disturbances. But usually they are non-toxic. That’s why intake of any expiry Ayurvedic medicine is not so much harmful.
- As we all know that old wines are the best wines in the world, in the similar way few Ayurvedic medicines used to became more potent & beneficial as they become older ( Like Arista, Asava, Mineral or Rasa Medicines). But regarding allopathic medicines there is no such concept. So certain Ayurvedic medicines (Like Dashmoolarista ) you can keep for a long time in you store and interestingly you are going to get more benefits with running of time.
So, after reading this you might be thinking about “Which Type Of Medicine Is Good? Which I should Prefer?” So, practically speaking both are good regarding the type and condition of diseases. Though allopathic medicines having more side effects and more risky in use but in some cases we have no alternative choices. In an emergency, you have to go for Allopathic medicines and whereas in chronic cases Ayurvedic medicines works far better. For better understanding Lets take another example, suppose people those who are taking regular medicine for gastritis having two choices, one modern medicine (PPIs like Rabeprazole) & Ayurvedic alkaline preparations (Like Subhra Parpati) but both the formulations having some side effects if continues for a long time. In such cases the method of choosing a good drug for prolong use is more important than a selection of system of medicine.