Khadira (Acacia Catechu/Khair) : Scintific Name, Local Names, Interesting Facts, Medicinal Properties, Contraindications, Preparations
- Acacia Catechu
- Khadira, Khair, Raktasar, Dhantadhaban, Kantaki, Balatraya, Yajiya, Sandhra, Karangalli, Kaggali, Cutch Tree.
- Khadirswar (Steam Ext)
- The tree of Acacia catechu is seen all over India.
- This tree was a very important export product that is sent from India, as it was an important product for cloth industries.
- This plant is use majorly for the purpose of dyeing and tanning in industries.
- In the17th Century first time, this plan was cultivated in Europe.
- The eastern slopes of the Western Ghats and the Himalayan tracts are main native land of this plant.
- This tree is almost 50 feet long
- The flowers are long spikes, and the fruit is a strap-shaped pod.
- In food and drink items it is used as flavouring agent
- It can be seen in 5000ft above sea level.
- Perfume is also made from it named Cassie perfume
Medicinal Properties & Uses
- The plant extract acts fine on fungal growths as a super duper herbal anti-fungal agent.
- Useful in liver disorder.
- It helps in clotting blood.
- Good for Kidney.
- It is good for any swelling in spleen.
- It is good for worm infestation.
- It increases appetite.
- It is good for women suffering from looseness of vaginal.
- Useful in chronic fever.
- It is good for Haemorrhoids.
- It is good for swelling of throat or nose.
- It is good for colitis.
- It is useful in cancer.
- Useful in bleeding disorders.
- Useful in dressing of wounds.
- Useful in minor cuts.
- Useful in stomatitis.
- Useful in laryngitis.
- Useful in sore throat.
- It can be used as a natural birth-controlling herb.
- It acts great in the cases of mouth ulcers.
- It is a herbal cure for the cases of gingivitis.
- It is also used for the treatment of Leukemia.
- It works as a blood purifier.
- It works great for many skin disorders.
- Good for patients suffering from eczema.
- Treats dysentery, diarrhoea and the problem of stomatitis
- This plant is also known to treat sores and the problem of skin afflictions.
- The bark of the plant is used as an antipyretic as well as anti-inflammatory
- The bark cures psoriasis, anaemia, ulcers, gum issues.
- Treats the problem of leprosy.
- Indicated for swelling in spleen.Good for Skin disorders.
- A very good thing for the treatment of Constipation.
- Acacia catechu liquid is very good for people suffering from obesity.
- A very strong combination of Acacia catechu extract and milk can cure
- complains of bronchitis.
- The distilled water of the plant is used to cure acute body pains.
- It is good for cough.
- It is good for tonsillitis.It is good for Dysentery.
- It is good for osteoarthritis.
Almost a safe herb and no such adverse effect noted yet. However, little precaution is better take as very less studies till now conducted on his herbs like
- Avoid in Pregnancy.
- Avoid during lactation.
- Avoid during pre-operative or post-operative stages.
- Avoid in any case of reaction noted after use.
- Syp. Khadirarista
- Syp. Khadiradi Kwath
- Tab. Khadiradi Vati