10 Deadly Ingredients In Your Toothpaste & Their Side Effects.
Ingredients Of Toothpastes & Their Side Effects.
It is the main ingredient in rat poisoning products but unfortunately it is in our toothpaste.
Up to 20 mg per day of elemental 20 mg per day fluoride is beneficial.
Beyond 20 mg per day fluoride usually effects opposite to all beneficial profits.
Beyond 20 mg per day fluoride usually weakens bones
Beyond 20 mg per day fluoride usually weakens the ligaments
Beyond 20 mg per day fluoride usually weakens nervous system.
For children it is a major concern as many child like to ingest the toothpaste very much.
Symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dental and bone fluorosis can be seen in children.
Muscle weakness and paralysis noticed in larger doses.
2. Sodium Lauryl Sulfate
- It is generally used to remove oily residues and strains.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is a popular ingredient of mouthwash that are available in market.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is a popular ingredient skin care products, anti-aging wrinkle creams.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is a popular ingredient floor leaners, detergents, car wash soap.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is a popular ingredient of engine degreasers.
- Sodium lauryl sulfate is a popular ingredient shampoo
- It is harmful because it is easily absorbed and deposited in heart, liver, brain.
3. Hydrated Silica
Hydrated Silica harms the enamel
Hydrated Silica prevents re-mineralisation of the teeth.
Further enhances teeth decaying
4. Propylene Glycol
Propylene Glycol Strong skin irritant
Propylene Glycol cause liver abnormalities
Propylene Glycol causes damage to the kidneys.
Triclosan is a cancerous agent
Triclosan effects the endocrine system
Triclosan creates problem in thyroid hormone secretion.
Triclosan creates problem in estrogen secretion.
6. Blue Dye Or Red Dye (Coloring agents)
These are derives from petroleum which means you are using crude oil.
These are highly allergic
These causes vomiting
These causes nausea, headache
These causes behavioral disorder
They are carcinogenic
Also known as DEA which absorbs through mucus and remain in the body for a long time.
Causes formation of fatty cells in all vital organs like heart, brain, liver, kidney etc.
By increasing fatty tissue it generally increases he chances of heart attack.
8. Sodium Monofluorophosphate
- Sodium Monofluorophosphate is very potent skin irritant.
- Sodium Monofluorophosphate is very harmful for gastric mucosa as it irritates the GI tract.
- Sodium Monofluorophosphate is allergic to many people.
- Sodium Monofluorophosphate may cause hypersensitivity reaction.
9. Sodium Silicate
- You might have seen it in the packets of electric products in a small white bag. The looks like small crystal balls or crystals.
- The are water soluble and alkaline in nature.
- Sodium Silicate is highly irritant to skin and mucosa
- Sodium Silicate is very corrosive in nature.
- Actually you need to put gloves before handling the solution of Sodium Silicate but unfortunately we are using it in our toothpaste.
- Permanent damage of lungs seen in high doses of inhalation
- Sever contact with skin can cause third degree burn.
10. Sodium Saccharin
- It is a artificial sweetener used candy, biscuits, toothpaste, softdrinks
- It is carcinogenic
- It decreases the insulin sensitivity and thus you may became Diabetic
- It is allergic to many people.
- GI disorder noted in many cases
- In study it is seen that such artificial sweetener increases the risk of obesity
Contraindication for Toothpaste use:
- During Pregnancy toothpaste should be used with caution, toothpaste consists Fluoride which can be used up to 10 mg per day. Herbal Tooth Powder consists no such ingredients so they could be good choice.
- For Children under six year toothpaste is not suitable as they used to ingest the paste.
- For the people having gum bleeding or ulcerated mucosal lesion should avoid toothpaste.
- Lactating mothers should use with caution used with causation, toothpaste consists Fluoride which can be used up to 10 mg per day. Herbal Tooth Powder consists no such ingredients so they could be good choice.
- All those people who having any kind of allergy to these products.
So how many of you are still wanting to continue your toothpaste? I will be happy to see your replies in the comment box. Being the smartest of all creatures we, the humans should be more conscious about our health, but the practicalities we are different. Due to commercialization, we are more addicted to smart products, without knowing their facts.. Many companies are selling their products by mixing natural ingredients with those above mentioned ingredients. Those toothpastes though advertising as a natural, but practically there are not such. The “Dantmanjan” or Herbal Tooth Powders comes with natural ingredients. There are many such powders available in the market. Such Ayurvedic products are free from side effects and beneficial for your gums, teeth and oral cavity. It is also mentionable that few herbal companies are also making toothpastes with natural elements. Always remember foaming is necessary for washing your dirty clothes, but not for your teethes. Go for the herbal products for safety and toxin free oral hygiene. Live with nature and cure with Ayurveda.