Ringworm infection is very common and irritating disease effecting most of the people of this globe. A group of vegetable parasites, which are a group name for fungi, causes it. They are pathogenic to humans and animals. Most of the cases ignored by the patients and they turned into chronic states.
There are various factors for the manifestation of this disease. Fungus are most commonly attacks the keratinized structure like the skin, hair, nails.
This is the most common group containing three fungi with some special characteristics
It is the most virulent and contributor species in this group ate T. rubum, T. mentagrophyte, T. violaceum, T. verrucosum T. schoenleini.
They effects in the
- Glabrous Skin
It effects the human skin. Here most common species is E. floccosum.
It effects more in hairs. M. audounii is the most important variety in this segment.
- Area of infection
- Immunity of the patient.
- Use of artificial cosmetics
- Use of polyester cloths
- Worms Infestation
- Contamination chances
- Poor nutrition.
Tinea infection can be classified according to the site of infection and here I am going discuss accordingly
It is more common in boys then girls and mostly seen effecting the scalp. It is contagious and that’s why it is seen more in men then women as men used to visit barber’s shop more frequent then women. Three more varieties can be seen here. Most common symptoms are
- A circular patches
- Patches with partial alopecia.
- Greyish scales
- Broken lusterless stumps
Seen mostly in young male and it comes from the barber’s shop after a shaving or haircut. It featuring
- Patches in the face
It is the most common Glabrous Skin infection and caused mostly by trichophyton variety. It represents with
- Marked areas
- One or more circular lesions
- Variety of size but well-marked with surroundings.
- Vesicles, Pustules or Scaling can be seen with in the surrounding areas.
- Areas are often seen non hairy
Tinea Cruris (Dhobi’s itch);
It is more prevalent in the warm climate or in summer seasons. It is caused by Epidermophyton type of fungi. It represents
- Commonly seen in among the people uses more depended on laundry for washing their cloths
- It can be spread by public seating arrangements.
- It can be spreads with sexual intercourse.
- It is seen mostly in inner and upper side of thighs
- It is seen effecting scrotum
- Lesions can seen in penis
- Lesions can seen in vulva
- Lesions can seen in perineum
- Lesions can seen in buttocks
- Heavy itching noted
- Vesicles, Pustules can be seen with in the periphery areas which are mostly circular shaped.
- Inflammation seen after heavy itching by suffers.
- Small scaling can be seen in prolong untreated cases.
- Lesions are generally circular initially but well spreads if remains untreated.
- Some water discharge can be seen after heavy itching by suffers.
Tina of Feet & Hands;
It is more common in men than women. Mostly seen in tropical and subtropical areas. It is somehow more contagious to western civilization. It represents with
- Effects more in inter digital space of the feet. (more common in fourth)
- White membrane covering a red, glazed fissured skin.
- Vesicles may visible in few cases.
- Mild itching
- Sometimes bleeds on over stretching of that area
- Seen commonly who works longer period in water
- Seen commonly in office workers with casual shocks and lather or sport shoe.
- Common in sports persons.
- Smells foul.
Tinea Unguium (Onychomycosis);
It is nothing but infection of nails. One or more nails are involved. Common in elderly persons. Characterized by
- Colour change of the nails.
- Pain after secondary infection
Very common and routinely seen in daily practice by many doctors. It is characterized by the malassezia of the skin. Small fine straight or curved mycelial filaments and masses of small spores is common. It characterized by
- People who lives in warm areas
- People who sweats profusely
- Seen mostly in trunk and upper arms
- Occasionally in face.
- Light brown macules, plaques or sheets with furfuraceous scaling.
- Color changes differ from race to race or to exact body color. It is more visible in darker people. Looks similar to Lecouderma.
- Paste of neem in the effected area
- Paste of turmeric or haldi with neem leaves juice
- Aparmaga leaves paste with neem leaves.
- Vasak leavs paste with turmeric juice
- Use of Vinegar before bathing in the effected places of Pityriasis Versicolor is very much effective.
- Use of Lemon Juice before bathing in the effected places of Pityriasis Versicolor is very much effective.
Herbal Oral Medicines;
- Tab. Kaishore Guggulu 2 tab twice daily
- Tab. Sarivadi Vati 1 tab twice daily
- Pancha Nimbadi Churna 1 gram twice daily
- Gandhak Rasayan 250-500 mg twice daily
- Brihat Manjisthadhi Kwath 4 tsf twice daily with half glass water
- Cap. Pesin 1 cap twice daily
- Tab. Purim 1 tab twice daily
- Tab. Purodil 2 tab twice daily
- Cap. Green neem 2 cap twice daily
- Tab Telket 2 Cap twice daily
- Pancha Tikta Ghrita Guggulu 2 pill twice daily
- Cap. AD21 2 cap twice daily
- Cap Neemgaurd 2 cap twice daily
- Cap. Neem 2 cap twice daily
- Syp. Safi 3 tsf twice daily
- Chalmugra Oil.
- Tubarak Oil.
- Maha Marichyadhi Oil.
- Cutis Cream.
- Cutis Oil.
- Tocymum Oil.
- Trichoderm Ointment.
- Zen-Bath Bathing Powder.
- Medimix Soap.
- Maysore Sandal Soap
- Psoralin Soap.
- Aactril Soap
You May Like To Read
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of acne or Pimples
- Ayurvedic Treatment Of Eczema
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Nail Bed Infection
- Ayurvedic treatment of Herpes Simlex,