- Basella alba (White Varity)
- Basella rubra (Red Varity)
- Used as vegetable in Indian kitchen.
- Used widely in making mix veg items at home.
It consists of
- Vitamin A,
- Vitamin B12 etc.
- It is used for burning micturition.
- It is used for the treatment of gonorrhea.
- It is used for the treatment of pimples.
- It is used for the treatment of tumors.
- It is useful in Rheumatic fever.
- Useful as general tonic.
- Used for the treatment of piles.
- Useful for the people having low weight. As it contains high protein so useful as body enhancer.
- Patients having protein metabolism disorder should avoid this.
- Patients having gout or high uric acid should avoid it.