Dengue: Infection, Incubation, Clinical Features, Investigations, Risks, Home Remedies, Herbal Managements
Infection & Transmission:
It spreads with the bites of different types Adese Mosquitoes (Specially A. Aegypti) infected with flavivirus. These types of Mosquito Generally bites in the day times. There are five different types of Virus. If we got infection from one type than that gives us life time immunity and temporary to others. But if we get secondary infections from other types in near future the complications become more serious.
It takes 7 to 14 days to become symptomatic after the bite of Infected mosquito. But interestingly 80% of the cases are asymptomatic. Only 5% cases develops sever complications, while less than 1% causes fatal results.
It is very hard to diagnose a case of dengue clinically in the early stages unless it reaches the optimum fatal label. In most of the cases it is Nonspecific, Self limited biphasic febrile fever. But in advance stages it represents with some fatal symptoms. However it is also known as backbone fever.
- Sudden Onset of non specific fever with high temperature.
- Feeling of chill and rigors.
- Body ache (Mainly in the backbone and extremities)
- Show throat
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Server headache.
- Redness of eyes.
- Reddish patches in the skin.
- Bleeding from skin, gums.
- Black stool.
- Unexpected bleeding from any site.
- Blood for Routine Examination
- Evaluation of Leukopenia
- Total Platelet Count.
- IgM and IgG test (Dengue Antibodies)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction for Dengue Virus.
- Peripheral Blood Smear for PV/PF (To differentiate from Malaria infections)
- Rapid Malaria test (To differentiate from malaria)
- Widal test (for differential diagnosis or mixed infections)
- Urine Routine Examination
- Due to decreased platelet count the hemorrhagic tendency starts developing and hemorrhage may occur from various sites.
- Due to server weakness and uncontrolled bleeding sudden shut down of vital organs can cause death of the patient.
- Papaya leaf juice is a globally accepted remedy for increasing the platelet count. It can be consumed as leaf juice of 10 to 20 ml thrice daily after food.
- Tulsi leaf Juice having antipyretic effects. Besides all it increases the body defense mechanism by increasing the white blood cells. 10/20 ml twice daily with honey.
- Gudduchi is a very important herb. It reduces the fever and pain. It improves the body defense system. It also reduces the burning sensations. Recommended Dosage for this leaf is 10/20 ml twice daily after food or in empty stomach.
- Ginger juice with Tulsi leaf juice 10 ml each twice daily after food.
- Neem leafs are very much effective in improvement of platelets. It also acts as antibacterial agent. It reduces the pain and fever. 5/10 ml twice daily after food with honey.
- Aelo Vera leaf juice is full of antioxidants. It reduces the gastritis and Gastrointestinal irritation. It also good for liver and improves the clotting factors. It helps in reduction of bleeding chances. The recommended Dosage for this herb is 20/30 ml twice daily in empty stomach.
- Lemon Juice is very much effective in the treatment of dengue. Lemon is full of antioxidants and Vitamin C. It is helpful in the recovery period. It improves the body defense and eliminates the toxins.
- Fenugreek seeds are very much for the treatment of Fever and body ache. It improves the body immunity. It is also beneficial for those who are diabetic and having dengue.
- Barley Grass is a globally claimed herb for increasing the platelets count. It also increases the quality of the blood.
Life Style Modifications:
- Take plenty amount of fluid orally.
- Take rest and avoid outdoor activities.
- Better to keep your self in a safe place so that no more mosquito can bite you. As because after getting dengue you became a source of infection. So by keeping yourself safe actually we are going to save many lives.
- Take more seasonal fruits, vegetables and light food.
- Try to avoid all junk, spicy foods.
- Don't go for any self medication. Consult with your doctor as soon as possible.
- All the cases are not serious but in 1% cases we lost the lives. So an early intervention is always appreciated.