Gripe water Review: Ingredients, Indications, Dosage,Side Effects, Contraindications, Precautions, Best Gripe water in the market.
- Many companies are manufacturing this.
Ingredients of Gripe Water:
Key ingredients varies from company tot company. Few of them are sugar free. Few are alcohol free.
- Sajikhar (Sodium Bicarbonate)
- Suwa Oil (Anethum sowa)
- Variyali Oil (Foeniculum valgare)
- Jeera Oil (Carum carvi)
- Pudina (Mentha sylvesta)
Indications of Gripe Water:
- It is indicated for the management of Acidity in infants.
- It is good for the treatment of indigestion.
- It provides excellent support to the digestion.
- It relives the pain caused by intestinal gas.
Dosage of Gripe Water:
- Newborn: Though it is not recommended bellow 1 month but few companies are promoting it for new born also in 2.5 ml thrice daily recommended dosages)
- 1-6 months: 5 ml thrice daily
- 6-12 months: 10 ml thrice daily
- 2 years and above 10-15ml thrice daily.
Side Effects of Gripe Water:
- No known side effects within recommended Dosages.
Contraindications of Gripe Water:
- Not indicated for the patients having juvenile diabetes.
- Discard the contents of this bottle 14 days after opening.
- Do not store above 25 degree Centigrade.
- Keep it away from children.
Best Gripe Water in the market:
Woodward's Gripe Water is considered as the best gripe water in the Indian market.
Best Gripe Water
Woodward's Gripe Water, alcohol free and sugar free. It is the market leader and most selling gripe water brand in India. It is more popular in the rural areas. It should be given as follows
- 1 - 6 months old: One 5 ml spoonful
- 6 - 12 months old: Two 5ml spoonfuls.
The doses may be given during or after each feed, up to 6 times in 24 hours.