Leucoderma/Vitiligo (Shwitra/Safed Daag/ Sweti Roga): Causes, Affected Sites, Associated Causess & Diseases, Treatment, Life Style change
Leucoderma is a hypo pigmentation disorder of the skin. Leucoderma meaning Leuco,"White" and Derma, "Skin", together White Skin, Leucoderma is also known as Vitiligo. Leucoderma is an auto immune disorder of the skin in which certain parts of the skin begin to lose its normal color or pigmentation and leading to the appearance of white patches. It is a Milky white circumscribed lesions. It is a major cosmetic issue world wide.
Our skin contains a substance called Melanin, which is a normally dark in color and helps in building the normal skin color. It is actually the pigment that gives color to our skin, and also protects the skin from the harmful rays of the sun. But due to some known and unknown causes the Melanin starts destroying it's self or due to some other causes and body also fails to produce melanin in the body, thus some white patches starts developing in the skin. Those white spots are known as Vitiligo or Leucoderma. There is a condition called Albinism seen in children with a congenital absence of Melanin causing complete white skin of the whole body. In some condition like
- Excessive Stress,
- Sever General Malnutrition
- Dietary deficiency of proteins, calcium and cupro minerals
- Low immunity
- Prolonged use of broad spectrum antibiotics.
- Impaired liver function
- Chronic Gastric disorder
- Worms in the Gut for a ling time
- defect in the enzyme Tyrosinase
- Hyperthyroidism Pernicious anemia
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Addison's disease
Ayurvedea Says it is due to malfunction of liver. Ayurveda belives due to tridoshaja rasa-rakta vikar such diseases manifest with such symptoms. Ranjak pitta is the main dosa involved in this disease. Ranjak pitta is a type of pitta that colours the blood and body. So according to classics any obstruction in formation of Ranjak pitta that leads to sweta kustha or leucoderma.
Symptoms:Leucoderma does not cause any harm, pain or suffering.
In Vitiligo only thing that represents the disease is white patches, causing sever cosmetic issues.
Leucoderma is not infectious, it does not spread by touching someone or handling personal belongings or food etc.
In Vitiligo, the white patches, appears somehow irregular shape with an outline that is darker than the skin, they gradually increase in size and also appear milky white under an ultraviolet light. They starts from a certain area and if untreated then gradually expands all over the body. It is also very important to remember that every white patch is not Leucoderma, there are other conditions that may look similar to Leucoderma.
- Around the eyes and mouth
- Hand and feet
- Sites subjected to friction or trauma
- Thyroid Disorder
Life Style Change:
- Expose the affected areas of the body to the early morning sun for 20-30 minutes daily.
- Avoid consuming all sour foods, citrus fruits. Only sore curd can be taken.
- Consume more balanced food containing more iron and calcium.
- Use of synthetic clothes, plastic coated t shirts or cloths, foot-wears should be avoided.
- Try to be more closer to the nature.
- Go for yoga classes for reveling stress.
- Listen cool mind relaxing music.
- Participate more in social gathering.
- Avoid mirror watching because it gives negative impact.
- Take immunity boosting food and supplements.
- De-worming is essential for treatment of vitilogo.
- If you are somoker, then stop it right here and if you drinks little bit of alcohol then also you need to put a stop on that.
- Avoid all junk food and strictly follow a simple food habit after consulting with a dietician.
- If you love to make up with lots of cosmetic then it is not good for you. All fairness creams contains some bleaching agent that can really push you under sever threat.
- You need to go many many time to your doctor, so don't be frustrated on that. Its completely curable but little bit time talking in widely spread cases.
"A change in color of your skin cant be a cause of your failure, you are special and you can do everything that all great-man have done. Color of life always changes and your skin will definitely come to normal."
- Switrai Ras
- Navayas Louha
- Guguchadhi Louha
- SIVA herbal drops
- Vakuchi Oil
- Guduchi Oil
- Tolenorm Cream
- Tolenorm Oil
- Pigmentio Cream
- Sahadevi seeds 1 gram with honey
- Guduchi juice twice daily
- Chakramarda plant with sandalwood paste locally
- Bakuchi and till powder mix and apply locally
- Shirish seeds oil locally
- Paste of chitraka and bringaraj locally
- Local application of tubarak oil and bakuchi oil