Diabetes Type 2: Symptoms, Investigations, Complications,Diabetic Lifestyle Change, Diabetes Home Remedies, Diabetes Herbal Treatment
If you move your head in 360 degrees, you will get few people who are suffering from this disease. Interestingly it is a kind of disease where the patient may represent various symptoms or may remain symptom-less (practically ignored symptoms) unless diagnosed with high blood sugar during the diagnostic tests for other diseases. Ok let us make it simple; it is a condition when body fails to use the ingested glucose that causes the higher level of blood sugar in the blood stem. It is a metabolic disorder, which is mainly due to a sedentary lifestyle, hereditary and a stressful life. The causes are a complex, but mainly people with overweight, obesity and physical inactivity are more prone to develop diabetes.
- Burning sensation in palm and feet (in case of Diabetic nephropathy).
- Weakness in walking (in case of Diabetic nephropathy).
- Felling pain in lower extremities (in case of Diabetic nephropathy).
- Frozen Shoulder (Pain and Stiffness in moving of Shoulder joint).
- Joint pain & tingling sensation (in case of Diabetic nephropathy).
- Sudden Improvement in Vision.
- Itching and recurrent skin infection.
- Recurrent Urinary tract infection.
- Whitish coated tongue.
- Excessive wax in ea.
- Partial loss of vision suddenly ( in case of long lasting diabetic cases with complications of diabetic retinopathy ).
- Profuse Sweating.
- Foul Smell of the Body (Ketone Smell).
- Foul Smell of the Body.
- Excessive growth of hairs.
- Excessive growth of nails.
- Affinity towards cold.
- Sweet taste in mouth.
- Sweetness of urine (Aunts use to taste if left somewhere).
- Sudden loss of weight.
- Excessive Thirst.
- Excessive Urination.
- Excessive Tiredness.
- Excessive Urination.
- Non Healing Wounds
- Blood Routine Examination.
- Blood for Fasting and Postprandial sugar estimation
- Blood for serum Urea.
- Blood for serum Creatinine.
- Blood for HbA1c (it shows the average level of blood sugar (glucose) over the previous 3 months).
- Urine Routine Examination.
- Urine for Micro Albumin.
- Doppler Study of extremities.
- Fundoscopic exam of retina
However, maximum cases used to diagnose suddenly in time of diagnosis of other diseases or pre-operative procedures. Blood for Fasting and Postprandial examination are the surest and easiest way to know about your blood sugar level.
Types of Diabetes:
TYPE I (IDDM)
- Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus.
- Commonly Hereditary Cases even seen in newborn.
TYPE II (NIDDM)
- Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus.
- Commonly in Mature adults or mostly in obese person.
- Diabetic Carbuncles.
- Diabetic Nephropathy (Kidney disease).
- Diabetic Neuropathy (Nerve disease).
- Gangrene (Where amputation needed).
- Non Healing Ulcer.
- Heart Diseases.
- Loss of libido.
- Trends to Infection.
- Recurrent Urinary Tract Infection
Lifestyle Change For Diabetes:
- Sugar free diet
- Fat free diet
- Walking is very good.
- Following of Diabetic diet chart.
- Regular Exercise.
- Cycling or Swimming.
- Stress free living.
- Avoid Day sleep.
- Plenty of vegetables.
- Selective fruitsintake.
- Taking care of feet by washing and then application of moisturizer.
- Using shoes preferably.
- Yoga is useful.
- Alcohol should be avoided.
- Smoking should be avoided.
- Carbonated drinks should be avoided
Home Remedies for Diabetes:
- Juice of Bitter gourd (Momordica charantia).
- Black Seeds (Vernonia anthelmintica) daily after every meal.
- Amlaki (indian gooseberry) Powder or juice.
- Turmeric Juice.
- Neem Patra dust (dry) with meal.
- Tulsi (Ocimim Santum), Neem, Bhuamlaki juice.
- Chirayata decoction twice daily in empty stomach.
- Soak a few seeds (1/4 tsps) of Methi (Fenugreek) in water overnight and take it in the morning.
- Jamun (Syzygium cumin) fruit is considered as an effective medicine even the seeds too can be dried, powdered, and had with water twice a day.
- Studies have shown that black coffee without sugar cuts the risk of Type 2 diabetes.
- Decoction of Vijaysar (Pterocarpus marsupium).
- Powder of Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre) leaves.
- Powder of the bark of Nyagrodha (Ficus bengalensis).
- A combination of Turmeric powder and Amla Rasa and has to be taken early morning and is especially useful in Diabetic eye condition.
- Shigru(Drum Stick) is good for diabetes
Herbal Medicines for Diabetes Type 2:
- Brihat Bangeswar Ras (Classical).
- Chandrapavha Vati (Classical).
- Basanta Kusmakar Ras (Classical).
- Meha Mudgar Ras (Classical)
- Tribanga Bhasma (Classical).
- Saptamrit Louha (Classical).
- Arogyavardhini (Classical).
- Mamajjaka Ghana vati (Classical).
- Pathyakshadhatryadi kashaya (Classical).
- Panchanimba churna (Classical).
- Tab. Diabecon (Himalaya).
- Tab. Diabecon DS (Himalaya).
- Cap. Amree Plus.
- Amree plus Granules.
- Tab. Hyponiid.
- Tab NIID forte.
- Cap. Gudduchi (Himalaya).
- Cap. Kerela (Himalaya).
- Cap. Amlaki.
- Tab. Immumood.
- Giloy Satwa (Classical).
- Cap. Punarnava (Himalaya)