Cervical Spondylosis; Ayurvedic & Herbal Treatment
Cervical spondylosis is usually an age-related condition where patients suffer from pain in neck. It is very common in modern age. Due to our lifestyle and stressful jobs, we are suffering it even early then expected age. Here we will discuss how we can get relief from it with herbal medicines and the possible life style changes to prevent its early onsets.
When any kind of trauma or life style or diseased condition or normal aging process used to create erosion and/or tears of the cartilage and bones of the cervical spine is the main structural pathology that leads to cervical spondylosis.
· Pain around the neck repeatedly without any injury or known cause
· Stiffness of Neck
· Difficulty in sitting
· Difficulty in movement of neck
· Difficulty in walking
· Headache recurrently
· Tingling sensation in the neck
· Numbness in the upper limbs
· It may occurs gradually with the normal aging process because after 40+ our disc space and fluids may reduce and that can cause erosion in discs and surroundings.
- Neck injuries by any objects
- Stressful long time sitting job like software engineers or computer engineers or those who are in writing job etc.
- Jobs where you have to lift extra kilos on your head or shoulders.
- Some bony spurs, or extra bony growths may occur as a result of degenerative changes in your body
- Excess gaining of weight can stress the neck
· Herniated disks due to accident or wrong sitting positions for a long time.
- Holding your neck in an uncomfortable position for prolonged periods of time and repeatedly
- Genetically some in some families cervical spondylosis is common
- Excessive smoking and wine intake
- X-rays of cervical spine
- An electromyogram (EMG)
- Computerized tomography scan of cervical spine
- MRI of spine
Things To Do At Home/Office
- If you are a busy human with your jobs then with the flow of period, give some breaks in them.
- Never sit in an uncomfortable position for a long time
- We often compromises our seats in public carriers and that habit should be avoided
- Avoid Smoking (Passive Smoking too)
- Avoid Alcohols
- Give breaks if you are in front of a computer.
- If you have to lift some heavy things then follow the instructions and know how to lift any heavy object.
- Bed rest is mast but better not to use any pillow
- The bed should not be foam based means too soft. A hard surface could be a better option
- Use neck collars.
- weight lifting and other heavy works mast be avoided
- Avoid Spicy foods
- Yogasans is very useful (After consulting with a Yogashan teacher)
- Plenty amount of vegeTablet.les and fruits
- Vitamin D rich diet like milk
- Green tea is very beneficial as because it contains plenty of antioxidants
- Alternate hot and cold fomentation
- Raw garlic buds on an empty stomach in the morning
- Avoid physical and mental exertion,
- Hot fomentation or steam fomentation mix with Vitex Nirgundi leafs
- Dhatura seeds mix with Sesame oil mixed & Bhang and heat and finally when 1/4 of the oil will remain then cool it down and use at home locally on the effected site.
- Tablet. Yogaraj guggulu
- Tablet.. Simghanadh Guggulu
- Tablet. Brihat Vata Chintamani
- Tablet. Ekangabir Ras
- Tablet. Trilokyochintamani Ras
- Tablet. Vatari Ras
- Tablet. Vatagajankush Ras
- Tablet. Vatakulantahk Ras
- Tablet. Yogendra Ras
- Tablet. Mahayogaraj Guggulu
- Tablet. ARJIT Forte
- Tablet.. ARNOPEN
- Tablet. AUROYOG
- Tablet. DAZZL
- Tablet.let R-COMPOUND
- Capsule. REMORN
- Tablet. RHUMASYL
- Tablet.let. RUMALAYA
- Tablet. Rumalaya Forte
- Syrup. Aswagandharist
- Syrup. Balarista
- Syrup. Dashmoolarista
- Syrup. Aurogya
- Dhanvantara Oil
- RUMALAYA Gel
- FLEX Oil
- DAZZLE Oil
- Suddha Bala Oil
- Kisrabala Oil
- Narayan Oil
- Maha vishgarbha oil
- Rumalaya Liniment
- Paralitol Oil
- AUROYOG Liniment
- Alopagesic Liniment
- Dolokind Emulsion
- Amritanjan Balm
- Menthoplus Balm
In this disease, we can delay or prevent the disease by some simple deeds and by not doing some deeds. Simply we can say a good habit of daily practice could be the main factor through which we can protect our cervical spine.