Ayurvedic And Herbal Treatment For Diabetic Neuropathy
It is very complicated stage of Diabetes Mellitus when people suffering from it develops some extra feelings in their body. Living with Diabetes is really very tough. More over Neuropathy adds some more mental pressure. But unfortunately such consequences of diabetes indicates not maintenance of diabetic profile given to you. Though in villages or even in small town where people are not aware of diabetes come to doctor after developing this symptom which is a indicates of long standing undiagnosed, untreated diabetes. In Ayurveda there are some medicines are there that can help you for this long run against diabetes.
What is it ?
Weakness or Complete/Partial sensation loss or Any odd feeling (Tingling / Burning /Numbness / Tightness / Pain ) in the body peripheries (Lower/Upper limbs) or Loss of control over urination or defecation or other consequences(Indigestion, Hypertension, Bloating etc) for defects in Autonomic nerves system are termed as Neuropathy. When all this happens as a consequence of Diabetes then it is called as Diabetic Neuropathy.
It happens in three from gradually.
- Peripheral Neuropathy (Effects the limbs & can be treated)
- Autonomic Neuropathy (Effects in the Autonomous Nervous System & can be treated)
- Localized Neuropathy (Effects in a particular area and commonly & shows very poor response in treatment)
- Loss of sensation in limbs
- Decreased sensation of touch or hot, cold feeling in limbs.
- Weakness in limbs leading to loss of balance and coordination of body while walking
- Tingling sensation on the limbs
- Decreased power of the limbs
- Burning sensation of limbs
- Tingling sensation of limbs
- Tightness sensation of limbs
- Shooting or Localized pain sensation of limbs
- Indigestion in frequent events
- Loss of sensation while you needs to evacuate your bladder
- Loss of control on your defecation and irregular bowel movement.
- Due to autonomic nervous system involvement symptoms of Acid Peptic Disorders develops
- Sexual dysfunction.
- Blood Routine Examination
- Blood for Fasting and Postprandial sugar estimation
- Blood for serum Urea
- Blood for serum Creatinine
- Blood for HbA1c (it shows the average level of blood sugar (glucose) over the previous 3 months)
- Urine Routine Examination
- Urine for Micro Albumin
- Doppler Study of extremities (For knowing Nervous Systems Stratus)
- Fundoscopic exam of retina (To ruled out diabetic retinopathy)
COMPLICATIONS SEEN IN UNTREATED DIABETES .
- Diabetic Carbuncles
- Diabetic Retinopathy (Blindness)
- Diabetic Nephropathy (
- Diabetic Neuropathy (Nerve disease)
- Gangrene (Where amputation needed)
- Non Healing Ulcer
- Heart Diseases
- Loss of libido
- Trends to Infection
- Recurrent Urinary Track Infection
THINGS TO DO
- Sugar free diet
- Fat free diet
- Walking is very good
- Following of Diabetic diet chart
- Regular Exercise
- Cycling or Swimming
- Stress free living
- Avoid Day sleep
- Plenty of vegetables
- Selective fruits intake
- Taking care of feet by washing and then application of moisturizer
- Using shoes preferably
- Yoga is useful
- Alcohol should be avoided
- Smoking should be avoided
- Carbonated drinks should be avoided
- Juice of Korola (Momordica charantia)
- Kalijeera (Vernonia anthelmintica) daily after every meal
- Amaki (indian gooseberry) Powder or juice
- Haridra Juice
- Neemi Patra dust (dry) with meal
- Tulshi (Ocimim Santum), Neem, Bhuamlaki juice
- Chirayata decoction twice daily in empty stomach
- Soak a few seeds (1/4 tsps) of methi ( Fenugreek) in water overnight
- in the morning gulp down the methi along with the water.
- Jamun (Syzygium cumin) fruit is considered as an effective medicine even the seeds too can be dried, powdered and had with water twice a day.
- Studies have shown that black coffee without sugar cuts the risk of Type 2 diabetes
- Decoction of Vijaysar (Pterocarpus marsupium)
- Powder of Gudmar (Gymnema sylvestre) leaves
- Powder of the bark of Nyagrodha (Ficus bengalensis)
- A combination of Haldi powder and Amla Rasa and has to be taken early morning and is especially useful in Diabetic eye condition.
- Shigru(drum stick) is good for diabetes
- Brihat Bangeswar Ras (Classical)
- Chandrapavha Vati (Classical)
- Basanta Kusmakar Ras (Classical)
- Meha Mudgar Ras (Classical)
- Tribanga Bhasma (Classical)
- Saptamrit Louha (Classical)
- Tab. Diabecon (Himalaya)
- Tab. Diabecon DS (Himalaya)
- Cap. Amree Plus (Aimil)
- Amree plus Granules (Aimil)
- Tab. Hyponiid (Charak)
- Tab NIID forte
In case of Insulin Dependent Patients Insulin should be taken accordingly to their blood sugar level.
# Medicines should be taken after proper consultation with an Ayurvedic physician