Excessive Flatulence: Herbal & Ayurvedic Treatment
We often cry for that. It is a very common occurrence all over the globe and in almost in all community. It is seen in in all ages. People often come to us with this problem and in most of the chronic cases patients suffers from a mania. Passing normal odourless gas is not a bad sign. It indicates the normal functioning of gut movements. However, excessive flatulence and bad odour is a matter of concern. Anyway, it is big chapter but we will go in very short and specific way. So let start the journey in the GUTs.
Common abdominal gasses;
H2, CO2, CH2 and ingested Oxygen.
From where they produces;
1. Bacterial fermentation of ingested food causes production of gases
2. Unabsorbed food materials due to enzyme effects causes production of gases
· Unsuitable food intake
· Irregular diet habit
· Irregular bowl habit
· Irregular sleeping habit mainly late night seeping
· Excess intake of soda or Cold drinks
· Over eating habit
· Excessive spicy food
· Patients suffering from lactulose intolerance
· Excessive stress
· Any anxiety over any social causes
· Suddenly intake of food, which is not ingested earlier.
· Eating beyond normal limit of regular eating
· Diseases of pancreas
· Diseases of liver
· Problem in production of digestive enzyme
· Uncooked or Semi cooked food intake
· Excessive intake of Antacid or Antibiotic generally washes out our normal gastric bacterial flora, which are essential for digestion.
· Excessive fluid intake just after food
· Excessive chewing gum can cause the ingestion of normal atmospheric air in guts
· Habit of fast eating without chewing properly.
· Habit of laxative dependency
· Abdominal discomfort
· Abdominal pain
· Pain in he shoulders
· Pain in the back
· Distension of abdomen
· Feeling of fullness of abdomen
· Irregular bowel moment
· Foul smelling stool
· Sticky or Constipated stool
· In chronic cases patients suffers form always fullness of abdomen.
· Patients suffering from chronic amoebiasis.
Things To Remember
· Habit of laxative dependency and intake of carbonated water mast be avoided.
· Avoid excessive spicy food and excessive liquid after food.
· Uncooked or Semi cooked food intake mast be avoided and food mast be cooked properly
· If patient suffering from mental disorder treatment of that mast be conducted in quick time
· If patient suffering from Worm Infestation then treat it accordingly. (Click here “Worm Infestation” for help)
· Eating should not be too fast and should not be too slow, proper chewing of the food is very important.
· Try to evaluate your limit of eating and you should not exceed that.
· Ayurveda says if you make a partition in your stomach of four chambers then two of them mast be fill up by solid food and rest of the two should be left for liquid and gases respectively.
· If patient suffering from liver disorder like Jaundice or Pancreas Disorder or acid peptic disorder then treatment of that mast be done.
· Consult your doctor before taking any Antibiotic and explain about your gases problem.
· Make regular diet chart and follow that.
· Make a regular flexible fix time for entering the toilet and never sit for a long time.
· Never suppress you natural urges.
· Identify the foods that causing you such problem recurrently and just say a bye to them from your menu.
· Go for meditation to get rid of stress and worries.
· Black Salt is very good for gases and it having a property to push the gas downward
· Pudina or Mint is very useful
· Ajwain is very effective in such cases
· Buttermilk is very useful as it normalises the normal gastric flora
· Luke warm water in the morning is very effective in chronic cases.
· Small amount of Jeera is very good for flatulence
· Lasunadhi Bati (Classical Preparation)
· Chitrakadhi Vati (Classical Preparation)
· Hingasthak Churna (Classical Preparation)
· Arogyavardhini Vati (Classical Preparation)
· Lawan Bhaskar Churna (Classical Preparation)
· Navayas Churna (Classical Preparation)
· Jeerakadhyarista (Classical Preparation)
· Tab Gasex (Himalaya)
· Tab. Zanduzyme (Zandu)
· Tab. Zymnet (Aimil)
· Tab Sooktin (Alarsin)
· Tab Ojus (Charak)
· Syp Gasex (Himalaya)
· Syp Zymnet (Aimil)
· Syp Ojus (Charak)
· Syp. Bonisan (Himalaya) (For Children)
· Syp Curocurchin (For Patient suffering from chronic amoebiasis)
Therefore, it is almost clear that for flatulence we are the responsible causes our lack of health consciousness causes the formation of gases in abdomen. However, there are certain other medical causes, which need further treatment accordingly. A consult with a doctor is always good i it is occurring regularly. However, if you are suffering then simply say no to three things, worry, curry and hurry until consult a physician.