Indigestion (Ajīrṇa): Causes, Symptoms, Investigations, Precausions, Complications, Home Remedies, Medicines
Indigestion, a problem that occurs in all age groups and all communities worldwide. Maximum times we are responsible for its occurrence. It can be easily treated at home. For that we have to go somewhere inside our abdomen to know the pathology.
- Excessive intake of acidic substance before food or regular prolongs uses.
- Excessive intake of tea or coffee and especially in empty stomach
- Excessive intake of tobacco in the form (Smoking or Orally Like Tobacco)
- Excessive intake of alcohol for a long time or in empty stomach repeatedly and regularly.
- Irregular diet intake, means avoiding a regular food timing or frequent skipping of main meals.
- Excessive spicy food intake for a longer period or habit of taking spicy foods in empty stomach
- Excessive fast food intake, a major cause of such diseases. Because most often this food is not properly cooked and regarding the oil used in cooking a question mark always knocks in brain.
- Our teenagers are too much addicted to such life style.
- Stressful life is always created an abnormal gastric atmosphere where the normal digestion process has always hampered.
- Excessive intake of fried foods is a major cause. Most often-same oil we used to fry something repeatedly for so many days and such condition causes gastric irritation.
- Excessive anxiety & Disturbed Social and Personal life.
- Gas in the stomach just feeling like that abdomen is full of gas and it is the most common symptom described by any patient.
- Bloating, is a condition in which the abdomen feels uncomfortably full and tight and may be visibly swollen (distended).
- Stomach Pain, the most common symptom, but for doctors it can be a difficult to diagnose. There is a variety of causes, and examples include angina, gallstones, food poisoning, gallstones etc.
- In chronic cases, burning in the stomach, a common symptom, but it should be always remembered that a burning sensation in the stomach could be a sign of digestive problems like gastritis, GERD, food allergies or intolerance, or emotional stress.
- Abdominal pain, about everybody at one point or another will experience abdominal pain. Most of the causes are not serious, but if it repeats and sustains long then treat may need.
- Burping (also known as belching, rectors, or eructation) is the release of gas from the digestive tract (mainly oesophagus and stomach) through the mouth is normal but excessive amount is always matter of concern.
- Burning sensation in the chest, this is actually an acid reflux symptom, which is caused when stomach contents, including food, stomach acid, and digestive juices flow up from the stomach into the oesophagus. Symptoms range from mild to severe and differ from one person to the next. They tend to crop up when you are lifting, lying down, bending over, or after a heavy, fatty, or acidic meal.
- Back pain usually seen due to excess amount of flatus accumulation, which used to press the back muscles.
- Dizziness is commonly seen and patients always feel better after taking a rest.
- Headache a is pain anywhere in the region of the head or neck. It can be a symptom of a number of different conditions of the head and neck. Differential diagnosis is necessary.
- Constipation, refers to bowel movements that are infrequent or hard to pass and often painful.
- Nausea, it is a sensation of discomfort in the upper abdomen, accompanied by an urge to vomit.
- Burning mouth syndrome (BMS) is a painful, frustrating condition often described as a scalding sensation in the tongue, lips, palate, or throughout the mouth.
- Diarrhoea is a condition that involves the frequent passing of loose or watery stools - it is the opposite of constipation and it can be altered with constipation.
- Burning in the Anal Area just after passing stool refers the lowering in the pH of the stool.
- Urine routine examination
- Stool routine examination
- BA Meal x-ray
- F.T.M (Fractional test meal)
- USG Whole abdomen
- Gastroscopy (Endoscopy)
- The first thing is to make a routine daily dietary habit.
- Clove one daily after meal in chronic cases.
- Green Dhania (Coriandrum sativum) leaves juice (5-10 ml) in the morning is affected in chronic cases.
- Tulsi (Occimum Santam) leaves having compounds that make it an effective digestive agent. It stimulates the stomach to produce mucous and has potent anti-ulcer properties. It also reduces the effect of peptic acids in the stomach thereby preventing excessive acidity and indigestion.
- Ginger has properties that stimulate the production of saliva, which helps in better digestion, improves metabolism and relieves gas and other gastric troubles.
- Saunf helps in indigestion.
- A regular ingredient in most Indian households, ginger improves absorption and assimilation of essential nutrients and aids in digestion.
- Green leaves of Pudina (mint) leaf are very good for indigestion and it relives the acidity.
Elaichi (Cardamom) is known to stimulate digestion and relieve people of stomach spasms it can be taken after food.
- Black Salt is very good for indigestions and it has a property to push the gas downward
Ajwain is very effective in such cases.
- Buttermilk is very useful as it normalizes the normal gastric flora, which helps in the normal digestive process.
- Luke warm water in the morning is very effective in chronic cases.
- All NSIDS should be avoided means Say no to all Pain Killers
- Fried and Extra Chiles should be avoided
- Simply say no to all spicy foods
- Untimely and irregular food habit should be avoided.
- Prickles should be avoided
- All types of alcohols should be avoided
- We should avoid oily foods
- In Ayurveda, curd is strictly contraindicated.
- Internal bleeding
- Peptic Stenosis
- Depression (due to diseased condition people often develops such features)
- Recurrent Black Stool
- Lasunadhi Bati (Classical Preparation)
- Chitrakadhi Vati (Classical Preparation)
- Hingasthak Churna (Classical Preparation)
- Avipattikar Churna (Classical Preparation)
- Arogyavardhini Vati (Classical Preparation)
- Lawan Bhaskar Churna (Classical Preparation)
- Navayas Churna (Classical Preparation)
- Jeerakadhyarista (Classical Preparation)
- Amalakyadhi Churna (Classical Preparation)
- Triphala Churna (Classical Preparation)
- Sutsekher Ras (Classical Preparation)
- Leelabilash Ras (Classical Preparation)
- Kamdudha Ras (Classical Preparation)
- Dhatri Louha (Classical Preparation)
- Prawal Panchamrit (Classical Preparation)
- Prawal Pisti (Classical Preparation)
- Kumariasav (Classical Preparation)
- Swarna Mashik Bhasma (Classical Preparation)
- Amlaki Rasayan (Classical Preparation)
- Bilvadhi Churna (Classical Preparation)
- Aafresh Churna
- Balaji Churna
- Tab. Acibac
- Tab. Acidinol
- Cap. Acilans
- Cap. AcinormTab. Ayucid (Kashmir Ayurveda)
- Syp Ajicid
- Syp Carmino
- Syp Cidni
- Tab. Alsarex
- Tab. Amlaparimala
- Amlapittantak Yoga
- Syp. Amrit Bindu
- Syp. Apitizer
- Syp. Decazyme
- Syp. Gason
- Tab Gastrex
- Tab Gastromone
- Cap GID (Capro)
- Cap GID Plus (Capro)
- Tab. Gritona (Anuja)
- Syp. Herbaliser (Arya Aushadhi)
- Tab. Gasex (Himalaya)
- Tab. Alserex
- Tab.Sooktyn (Alarsin)
- Tab. Amlaki (Amil)
- Tab. Amlant (Maharishi)
- Syp. Gasex (Himalaya)
- Syp. Zymnet (Amil)
- Syp. Ojus (Chrak)
- Syp. Sankhapuspi (Dabur/Baidhyanath/Dindayal)
- Sup. Himcocid (Himalaya)
- Syp Curocurchin (For Patients suffering from chronic amebiasis)
After this discussion, we can assume the goodness of home remedies and the badness of unmaintained casual life style. There are plenty of herbal products to serve you and to give you complete peace, but every effort will dissolve unless we start a healthy lifestyle. Just live with nature and cure herbs.