Tablet Shuddha Guggulu (Himalaya) : Ingredients, Indications, Mechanism of Action, Dosages, Contraindications, Presentations.
- The Himalayan Drug Company.
- Lipid Regulator.
- Purified extract Guggulu also known as Indian Bdellium tree (Commiphora wightii, Commiphora mukul).
- As adjuvant for the management of weight control therapy.
- Abnormal Lipid Profile (usually high cholesterol and other elevated profiles)
Mechanism of action:
- It acts as an antagonist at farnesoid X receptor (FXR).
- It decreases the cholesterol uptake habits.
- It increases cholesterol conversion to bile acids.
- It upregulates the bile salt export pump (BSEP).
- It lowers LDL level and significantly inhibits LDL oxidation.
- 2 tablets twice daily along with Tablet Medahara Guggulu.
- 2 tablets twice daily with Kanchanar Guggulu.
- Avoid those who are undergoing treatment for infertility.