Toxic Chemicals Used In Your Nail Polish.

Nail polish is a lacquer that is applied in the nails to make them more attractive or to protect them. But we are not aware of the true facts. Most of the Nail polish makers compromises with our health to maintain their business strategies. On investigation researchers found that many toxic chemicals are generally used in the nail polishes. Most of the companies even didn’t mentions their chemical compositions. On a research based documentary it is found that the workers of salon and owner develops some typical features of poisoning in mild to moderate mood. The riskiest thing is that of the brands contained harmful chemicals despite misleading labels that claimed they were free of such compounds.
Though there are very few brands, who are really manufacturing the non-toxic nail polishes but without testing results it is hard to choose.


It is one of the most common chemical used all over the world even after knowing its sever health hazards. It is commonly used in preservation of dead bodies. Only 30 ml of formaldehyde can cause the loss of life if it is ingested. Other than that it is a carcinogenic agent. It causes severe allergic reaction and Asthma in many patients. It also causes myeloid leukemia and destroys the immune system.


It is used as solvent and having some serious side effects. It causes damage to the central nervous system. Impotency and other sexual disorders are common thing if someone exposes to such chemical. Symptoms like
  • Tiredness,
  • Confusion,
  • Weakness,
  • Drunken-type actions,
  • Memory loss,
  • Nausea,
  • Loss of appetite,
  • Hearing loss,
  • Color vision loss
    Can be seen in those having recurrent exposes.

Dibutyl Phthalate:

It is one of the most common ingredient of the commonly used nail polishes. It is used as plasticizer. It is basically an adhesive and commonly seen in printing inks. It having sever health hazards including, cancer and reproductive disturbance. It also causes birth defects and endocrine disturbance.

Safety Alert:

If you are an adult, then the amount of nail polish you applied in your nails and its relative side effects can be negligible. But if you are applying it to your little child then it is a great matter of concern.
It is said that prevention is always better than cure. So better to choose the safe nontoxic nail polish brands and checking them properly.

Post a Comment