Mahanimba (Melia Azadirachta linn/Bead tree): Local Names, Chemical Compositions, Medicinal Uses
Scintific Name :
- Melia Azadirachta linn
- Bokan Nimba,
- Malaha bembo,
- Persian lilac,
- Bead tree.
- Guna: Laghu
- Rasa: Katu
- Vipak : Tikta Katu, Kasaya
- Virya: Ushna
- It is good for the treatment of kapha-pittaja disease.
- It is also a vatashamak agent.
- It is good for the treatment of skin diseases.
- It is good for the treatment of ulcers.
- It is indicated for the treatment of cleaning of wounds as an antiseptic.
- It is good for the treatment of worms.
- It is good for the treatment of piles.
- It is good as a carminative.
- It is a good blood purifying agent.
- It is good for the treatment of diabetes.
- It is indicated in the treatment of headache.
- It is also used in the treatment of goiter.
- It is good for for the management of sciatica.
- It is good for the treatment of asthma and cough.
- Kwath 50-100 ml
- Phalasthi Churna : 1-3 grams
- Arshoghana Vati