Kashmarda: Scientific Name, Local Names, Ayurvedic View, Chemical Composition, Dosh Karma,Medicinal Uses,Used Part ,Dosages
- Sursadhi Gana
- Cassia occidentalis Linn
- Kashmarda (Sanskrit)
- Kosodhi (Hindi)
- Kesenda (Bengali)
- Kasbida (Malayalam)
- Kasongdari (Gujrathi)
- Peyaberi (Tamil)
- Negro Coffee (English)
- Guna : Ruksha, Laghu, Tikshana
- Rasa : Tikta, Madhur
- Vipak : Katu
- Virya : Ushna
- Presents a quantitative chemical analysis of the anthraquinone compounds found in roots, seeds and leaves
- It controls the kapha-vataja vayadhi.
- It is pittasarak
- It is kusthagna, vishaghana, akshepshamak, vedanasthapan, দীপক and vatanulomak.
- It is kaphagna and swasahara
- It's having jwaraghana properties
- It is also mutral
- It is used for the management of pittaja and khapaja diseases.
- It is good for skin and used in many skin diseases
- It is useful in treating acne and small boils.
- It is useful in the treatment of Eczema
- It is used in epilepsy and memory loss.
- It is also useful in reduce digestive capacity.
- It is useful in abdominal disorders and in Constipation
- It is widely used in hicupp, asthma, and Respiratory tract infections.
- It is indicated in urinary Tract Infection
- It is used in syphilis and leprosy.
Used Part :
- Leaf juice : 10-20 ml
- Seed Powder : 3-6 grams
- Decoction of Roots; 40-80 ml