Medicinal Properties & Uses Of Ginger (Sunthi / Zingiber officinale)
Ginger used as delicacy, a herb, a spice but what may be its use but in true sense it is a gift of God to us. There are very few such herbs which having such benefits and medicinal values. The rhizome of the plant is used for medicinal purpose. Dry Ginger known as Sunthi in India and use profusely in discs and medicines.
- Zingiber officinale
- Ginger cultivation began in South Asia.
- The juice from old ginger roots is extremely potent and is often used as a spice in Indian recipes.
- Cardamom, Turmeric Galangal & Ginger they all belongs to a same family.
- Ginger is a pungent and hot spice that becomes even stronger with time as becomes older.
- Flavours of fresh and dried ginger are somewhat different.
- Ginger has been promoted as a cancer treatment.
- Ginger is also use to aromatize the liquid in electronic cigarettes.
- Ginger has been around for at least 3000 years in India.
- India is the number one producer of ginger in the world. While China is the second.
- Queen Elisabeth I first time introduced the gingerbread that we see today.
- Promotes the appetite.
- Helps in digestion.
- Good for sour throat.
- Ginger stimulates the libido.
- Rich sources of anti-oxidants.
- Rich with enzymes that helps the gut.
- It increases body temperature and vitality.
- Improves the immunity.
- It is a taste buds stimulant.
- A very fine carminative.
- Used frequently for dyspepsia in villages.
- Works great for gastroparesis.
- It enhances slow motility symptoms of gut.
- It Relives constipation,
- helpful in abdominal colic.
- It gives short-term relief of pregnancy-related nausea and vomiting.
- Helps in treating pain from rheumatoid arthritis in folk medicinal systems.
- Good for osteoarthritis,
- It having anti cancerous property.
- Useful in joint pains.
- Can be used in muscle injury or sprains.
- Reduces the extra fats.
- Ginger is applied as a paste to the temples to relieve headache.
- Ginger with lemon and black salt is also used for nausea.
- It helps in preventing flu.