Turmeric (Haldi / Curcuma longa): Medicinal Benefits, Uses, Preparations.
Haldi or Turmeric a herb cum spice, which is serving humankind from thousands of years. It is a common spice in the kitchen but plays a great rule in our body. There are many such facts about this spice is now known to us.
- Curcuma longa
- Turmeric grows wild in the forests of South and Southeast Asia and cultivated by Harappa civilization earlier in the 3000 B.C.
- Turmeric is known as golden spice of India.
- Turmeric helped in blocking a particular gene that was linked to inflammation and necrosis of the liver due to excessive alcohol consumption
- It is used in holy ritual and almost in all occasions in Hinduism.
- Turmeric rhizomes are boiled for about 30–45 minutes and then dried in hot ovens after which they are ground into a deep orange-yellow powder commonly used as a spice.
- India is the global production unit of Turmeric in the world almost 90% of its demand.
- Turmeric used to make Kumkuma, a red cosmetic powder(Applied by the married women in forehead)
Medicinal Benefits & Uses:
- Works great for Skin as a protector and makes skin smoother and beautiful
- Having great healing capacity
- Helps in protecting liver from the damages occurs from Alcohol
- Having great anti inflammatory
- Help those having non Alcoholic Liver diseases
- Turmeric works as a powerful cleaning agent of our digestive system
- Having good role in treating rheumatoid arthritis.
- Having great anti oxidative properties
- Turmeric has been found to inhibit bacterial growth in guts
- Having anti carcinogenic properties
- Turmeric is useful in measles
- Turmeric is a very useful intestinal antiseptic.
- Acts as good blood clotting drug
- Turmeric has amazing immune-protective benefits
- Act as anti-diabetic drug
- Turmeric, being rich in iron is useful in anaemia
- Having hypo-cholesterolemic action(Lowers the Cholesterol Level)
- Helps in Alcoholic Liver disease
- Prevents Respiratory Tract infection
- Fights against worm infestation
- Turmeric very effective in bronchial asthma when taken regularly
- Brihar Haridra Khanda
- Haridra Khanda
- All most in all herbal skin tonics,
- All most in all herbal skin tonics.