Obesity is a global concern now days. Unhealthy lifestyle, lazy work schedules, junk foods, busy workload, untimely eating, lack of exercises, late night sleeping this all are contributing factors for obesity. Many of the causes are now essential for living hood we cannot change those. But fortunately we some herbal remedies at our hand that can actually help us in fighting against obesity. Here I have chosen five best herbal remedies for this purpose. I have seen some significant reduction in the weight after use of these medications. So here, my top choices are,
Cap. Obis 30
- It is from the house of Alopa Herbal Health Care. OBIS- 30 is the ideal choice in the management of Obesity. Obis 30 has 6 vital ingredients that improve fat metabolism in obese individual. Once the persons metabolism is corrected, it’s easy to maintain his/her weight. Key ingredients are Kokum (Vrikshamla), Meshashringi, Navaka gugul, Pippali, Shuddha shijalit, Triphala.
- One capsule three times a day for 3 months. Maintenance dose: 1 capsule twice daily preferably along with exercise and diet.
- Medohar Guggulu is a classical Ayurvedic Anti-Obesity formula, which is used to maintain lipid profile and body weight. Its key ingredients are Shilajatu, Triphala, Guggulu.
Dosages and Administration:
- 2- tab. twice or thrice a day with warm water.
- Obenyl is a very good formulation for lowering lipids and reducing weight. It is from the house of Charak Pharma. It having Kokum, Shuddha Guggul, Atasi (Flax seeds), Isabgol, Katuki.
- 2 tablet twice daily for 3 months with luke warm water.
- It is manufactured by Himalaya Drug Company from a very special herb known as Vrikshamla (Garcinia/Garcinia indica), the fruit contains an active component called hydroxycitric acid (HCA), according to research the HCA supports normal fat and carbohydrate metabolism. It is also very effective for the management of Diabetes, Hyperlipidaemia, Atherosclerosis.
- One capsule, twice a day (Each capsule contains 350mg extract of Vrikshamla)
Cap. Shuddha Guggulu
- Shuddha Guggulu (Indian Bdellium/Commiphora wightii) is a herb that is indicated in the classical texts for medarogas (Obesity). It is from the house of Himalaya Drug Company. It shows some promising results in the medical practice.
- One capsule twice daily with luke warm water. It is also indicated for Hyperlipidaemia, Arthritis, Atherosclerosis.
** You may like to read about: