Honey Mesquite / Shanta (Prosopis glandulosa): Common Names, Chemical Compositions, Medicinal Uses, Used Parts, Dosages
Shanta or Honey Mesquite (Prosopis glandulosa) is mostly found in the south west. It is a very potent and beneficial herb for the humans. It is used as food, medicine and wood. It has a great impact in the local people or natives, who still believes in traditional healing.
- Prosopis glandulosa
- Legume family (Leguminosae or Fabaceae)
- Honey Mesquite,
- Western Honey Mesquite,
- It is a very potent hepato protective.
- It is having anti-amebic activity and helpful in the blood dysentery.
- It having anti-diarrheic properties and can be used for that purpose.
- It is good for the treatment of IBS.
- It has superior anti-dermatitic properties and thus useful in many skin diseases.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory activity it is used in inflammatory diseases like different types of arthritis.
- It has antidepressant activity and that is why it used for faster recovery from serious illness by giving adequate mental support.
- It having antiviral activity and used widely for treating the seasonal flu, bird flu and swine flu.
- Due to its antibacterial properties it is used as Immunotherapeutic Support with other antibiotics.
- It has soothing, astringent, and antiseptic properties and that’s why it is used in wounds, ulcers and infected skin conditions.
- It has anti-pyretic properties and that is why used different types of fevers.
- It is used for the treatment of sore throat, cough, laryngitis and other ENT disorder.
- It is useful in the treatment of painful gums,
- It is used for the treatment of
- It is also used as purgative.
- In clinical trails it is found that when it is used along with Shanta (Prosopis glandulosa) then their synergetic actionbecomes helpful for the prophylaxis and faster recovery from the deadly viral infections like Influenza, Herpes Zoster, Herpes Simplex, Chikungunya, Dengue, Viral Gastroenteritis, Immuno-Modulations in HIV etc.
- Globally the combination is accepted and known as IM-133N.
- 600 mg daily in divided dosages.